Here are five good reasons you should learn more about eDocs.
• eDocs allows you to access your files anywhere, anytime.
• It allows you to publish websites.
• It allows you to back-up your files on an off-site server.
• It allows you to collaborate with other students as well as with people who aren’t associated with UIS.
• It’s free for UIS students.
Your 1GB of eDocs storage space is waiting to be used. You can log into the system using your Enterprise ID and Password at https://edocs.uis.edu/xythoswfs/webview/xythoslogin.action
It is not a difficult system to use but it is much easier if you take advantage of the online training. http://www.uis.edu/its/otherservices/edocs.html
Look under eDocs Workshop Videos for the Overview and Basic Skills video. This is a recorded version of the training that is offered on campus so it will give you a detailed introduction.
You will hear reference to integrating eDocs with Blackboard. Please realize that this is for faculty and not students. You may save your assignments in eDocs, but you should always submit them as your instructor requires and not simply refer your instructor to eDocs.
You’ll also see a series of How-To videos. These concepts are covered in the overview video. Think of the How-To’s as reminders you can refer to at future points to help you recall how to do something within the eDocs system.